Παρασκευή 22 Οκτωβρίου 2010

New Age


Today I dreamt the world after us...
The streets were empty ,there wasn't any noise,
our mechanical devices were laying silent in the roads,
like dead gods forgotten long ago.
The power that our nation once possessed,
had left no trace...
Only silence and rust...

Our once great civilizations have left their ugly scars in the land,
like a plague that nature finally pushed away.
I saw the wild take over our cities ,
with it's bright colors standing tall and proud ,
over our once accommodated dull buildings...
I saw the animals running free all over the place ,
eating nearby the machines that used to kill them.

At first the world looked so empty,
this kind of silence scared me ,
I thought ,I could feel death around...
Given time , I finally understood,
it was not death that was lurking...
It was the triumph of life ,
 earth had finally won the battle over the one animal
that tried to abuse Her...

At last after so many thousands of years,
balance and peace have returned.
-P.R.-